Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What are the 12 habits that destroy your focus and productivity?

Yes, some of my habits really destroyed my dream. I wanted to be the IITian. But some of my habits held me back.

Regrets 💯:

Depressed Image

If you are Focused:

Image related to focused
  1. Overthinking : I think a lot on every topic and on every thing. This is so annoying sometimes.
  2. Jack of all trades, master of none : Yes, it's true for me. I wanted to do everything at that time.
  3. Lack of concentration: As I said I wanted to do everything together. I never had a very good concentration level.
  4. Confidence: I am not able to achieve my self confidence till now. I am not confident about myself.
  5. Sports love: Whenever I used to get time I preferred sports. I don't think it's bad to have sports love but playing sports by ignoring studies is wrong.
  6. Laziness: I was passionate enough at that time. But a little laziness can destroy anything.
  1. Negative Thoughts: These are really very bad. This is the reason why I am not confident about myself.
  2. Tension: I took a lot of tension and stress. Now my friends check my stress meter many times to have fun. As many a times it shows max.
  3. Attentive: All was going perfect with my studies but lack of some attentive skills stopped me. Being attentive and focused is key to success which I forgot.
  4. Disappointed person: This person can destroy anything easily. I was disappointed with my results of preliminary exam.
  5. Curiosity: All habits are interconnected. Having curiosity about all things changed me to Jack of all trades, master of none.
  6. No reward for myself: Again I never rewarded myself to gain confidence.
  7. Timepass: Timepass caused failure in achieving my dream.

Though I didn't use mobile or any social media for that two years these habits stopped me.

I am sharing this here because I think these points could help the other aspirants to achieve their goal.


Inspirational Image


What helped me the most were 3 simple steps:

  1. Get up at a very early time - Preferably a time where it is still dark outside and most people are not up yet. Something between 5 and 6 in the morning or earlier.
  2. Take a shower before doing anythings else - Once you take a shower you cannot go back to bed easily and it will seem like you started the day already. Do this before anything else.
    1. To help with this commit to a time by which you must have taken a shower. For example: I have to take a shower by 5:30 in the morning. I absolutely must do this and there is no way around it.
  3. Do some work right away - Don’t grab breakfast yet, don’t read the newspaper and don’t check your emails. First, do some work for an hour, then you may continue with your morning routine.

Doing these things sets the tone for the rest of the day as one of urgency, productivity and discipline, and it will transfer to the rest of what you are doing in the morning as well.

The biggest thing you must watch out for is step #2.

Do anything you can to make this an absolute must in your life.

Talk to friends about it, tell them you will send them a message once you have done it, or, even better, tell them you will pay for dinner every time you do not do it.

Sooner or later your wallet will also motivate you to make this a must.

Try this for yourself and adjust it as you see fit, but it will definitely improve your productivity and focus if you can make this simple routine a habit!


Also read 

Quotes That Will Get You Through The Hardest of Times and Failure.



Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I was searching for a good topic to research and read, I got this article on your blog, Thank you so much. Check kolkata ff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the latest updates. keep continuing. Thank you. Check kolkata ff today

    ReplyDelete